Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sun on sunday - cycling around Otmoor

Looking across Otmoor
On sunday I headed out into the sunshine for a bike ride round Otmoor. I passed through Islip, Charlton-on-Otmoor and Fencott, before heading back to Oxford via Horton-cum-Studley. Although it was warm in the sun, there were patches of frost and snow where trees shaded the road. I really didn't want to slip and fall off - I recently broke my hand in a bike accident, an experience that has turned me into a rather timid cyclist.

Otmoor is a grassy, marshy plain - an old agricultural landscape, parts of which have been turned into a military rifle range and a bird reserve. The defining feature of Otmoor is its flatness - I looked around to see a landscape of horizontal lines stretching into the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment